If you're a videographer, journalist or a film maker and you own a Mac, and you don't have the Lumafusion app on your device, then I must say you're missing out. Lumafusion has been rated by users especially professionals as one of the best video editing apps in the appstore, if not the best.
It is important to note that there are apps that perform just as nicely as it does but not quite as they lack a few features compared to Lumafusion.
What is Lumafusion?
Lumafusion is a mobile third-party video editing app that makes editing so much easier for professionals to do as it combines fun and comprehensiveness in its usage.
This app is literally a professional videographer's dream. To make it clearer, it gives you the pc feel, but on your smartphone. Moreso, the thought put into making this app will amaze you once you get to using it.
Lumafusion, I must say, isn't meant for beginners. It's meant to be used in creating well edited videos by professional videographers who will most definitely enjoy the progression and tricks created by the app for editing.
It's easy because you subconsciously know what to do and that's a great feature, if you ask me.
This video editing software has a "how to" video linked in the menu so all you need do is watch and you're set to start editing your videos. Also, the user interface isn't cluttered at all and easy to understand to enable you work without being distracted.
The following are the features of LUMAFUSION:
1. It supports recording/streaming in 4k resolution.
2. It has the insert and overwrite ability.
3. It supports live audio mixing.
4. It has a huge variety of transitions, effects and even royalty-free music embedded to choose from.
5. It has cloud storage feature ie you can import and export files from the app.
6. It supports Keyframing
There are several other features which I'm sure a professional would really appreciate but the above are the most notable.
Uses/ Importance of Lumafusion
However moving further, here's why I think Lumafusion is pretty much important to a user:
Most iPads or iOS devices have a problem with connectivity as this is limited in most, therefore being a serious stumbling block in mobile editing.
Lumafusion doesn't subscribe to this problem because it is integrated with the Western Digital My Passport Wireless Pro which provides easy connectivity to stored media whether it is contained in the memory card or hard drive.
A professional can also mark or shuttle in and out points from same source viewer, and not forgetting the voice-over mixing capability.
A true professional used to editing on their pc would find it easy to use this app and be happy with all the features it possess in usage as the app was created to help in their creative process.
1. There's no subscription. It only requires a one time payment of $20.
2. Built in royalty-free music.
4. Rudimentary color correction.
1. It doesn't have a practical noise reduction option.
2. It is obviously slower than when used on a PC because of the difference in CPUs.
3. It lacks ProRes support.
4. There's no built in video stabilization option yet but it's coming soon.
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the LumaFusion app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using LumaFusion on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using LumaFusion on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "LumaFusion"
- The search will reveal the LumaFusion app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once LumaFusion is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including LumaFusion.
- Now enjoy LumaFusion on PC.
Install LumaFusion on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Get a Compatible APK for PC
| Check for APK →
||Luma Touch LLC
To use LumaFusion mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native LumaFusion Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen, AMD Ryzen 3000 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install LumaFusion on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "LumaFusion" in search bar. On the results page, open and install LumaFusion.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » LumaFusion. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
LumaFusion On iTunes
|$29.99 On iTunes
||Luma Touch LLC