What is JBL Connect app?
If you've been using a JBL speaker and you've never used the app for connectivity, then this is for you. It is possible that you had no idea that this app existed. Many people use the speakers connected mainly with the Bluetooth of their smartphones or smart devices.
However, today you'll come to know that there is such an app created specifically to connect your speaker for better amplification and enjoyment of your music. The JBL connect app was created for users of portable JBL speakers to connect in order to magnify volume and interact with.
Features of the JBL Connect app
- Jbl features up to eight different inbuilt animations which controls the light theme on the speaker.
- There are options to download ambient sounds that are specifically made to further enhance specific light themes.
- There are also options to link multiple speakers wirelessly to make the listening experience of the user enjoyable.
- This app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices.
Why you will love JBL Connect app
The three most important reasons you will love the JBL connect app include the connection the interaction and the enjoyment of your music.
- First, the connection is wireless and seamless. You easily connect one or multiple speakers and use the connect app to set up left and right channels to better enjoy the stereo.
- Next, you can easily interact with all the lights themes by tapping swiping or drawing and it instantly shows on the speaker.
- Last but not the least, asides the fact that you can enjoy your own music playing out of the speakers, you can also download ambient sounds.
These are especially made for the light themes to create a beautiful and serene environment for you and your family and guests or friends to enjoy.
Pros of using JBL Connect app with your JBL Speakers:
- It's easy to set up.
- It's a free app. You don't have to pay to use the app.
- You get to enjoy your favorite music on amplified speakers.
- The app visualizes your music making it easy to interact and connect with other JBL Pulse 2 users.
- You can perform a firmware upgrade using the app.
Some problems with JBL Connect
- It usually requires the location services to be switched on before it functions which in turn consumes a lot of data.
- The app has bugs which can slow it's functionality.
Download and install JBL Portable on your computer
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
| jbl portable
||Get App or Alternatives
|| 12894 Reviews
|Harman International Industries
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the JBL Portable app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using JBL Portable on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using JBL Portable on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "JBL Portable"
- The search will reveal the JBL Portable app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once JBL Portable is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including JBL Portable.
- Now enjoy JBL Portable on PC.
Install JBL Portable on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Get a Compatible APK for PC
| Check for APK →
||Harman International Industries
How to download and install JBL Portable on Windows 11
To use JBL Portable mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native JBL Portable Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen, AMD Ryzen 3000 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install JBL Portable on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "JBL Portable" in search bar. On the results page, open and install JBL Portable.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » JBL Portable. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
JBL Portable On iTunes
|Free On iTunes
||Harman International Industries
Download on Android: Download Android
Top Pcmac Reviews
App not functional
By joelmole (Pcmac user)
Got a the app Charge 4 and using an iPhone XR. Initially app would never find the speaker so I gave up for a while. Now it does. Instructs me that the current running firmware is 2.7 and that there’s a 3.0 upgrade. I hit the upgrade button and it states “Plug the speaker into a power source and keep your phone close to the app Charge 4 to continue.” I am close, and speaker is plugged in. Button that states “I followed the instructions” is grayed out and can’t be selected. QA procedures for this app need to be improved.
Edit: Turns out issue is that the Charge 4 won’t charge using a USB-C standards compliant charger (Pixel charger or MacBook Pro charger). It works fine using the the app supplied cable and traditional USB-A charger. Was able to perform firmware upgrade after that. This isn’t a review of the speaker itself so I’ll leave that aside.
The app itself doesn’t have any EQ functionality, the only apparent purpose is to allow stereo or party mode (Don’t own any other the app products), and perform firmware upgrades. Updating from 1 to 3 stars, would rate higher if it included EQ.
Solid app; limited features
By Brandyzzle (Pcmac user)
I’ll start by saying that when I first set up my the app Pulse 3, while I was overall happy with the lightshow, it wasn’t as fluid or on beat as I expected. It seemed more like random lights flashing than actually in sync with the music. There was also occasional skipping which I chalked up to the walls in my apartment compromising the Bluetooth connection. I had an iPhone 6s and just upgraded to the 8, and the difference is night and day. The lights are much more fluid now and RIGHT on beat. Sharp rapid movements, and smooth transitions. The app makes switching between light shows and adjusting brightness a breeze. I keep it at full brightness during the day and dim it at night. I gave 4 stars instead of 5 because I wish there was a way to turn the device On and Off from the app. Also, when scrolling through the different light shows, there should be an option to turn the lights Off, but there isn’t. You have to physically hold the Light button on the device itself.
By Dee Dee G (Pcmac user)
Charge 3 & Flip 3. Both work well independently, which is what they are supposed to do. Both DO NOT work together, which IS NOT what they are supposed to do. The whole purpose of buying these was to connect them. I would give this app ZERO stars if it were possible. Offering to have products connect and they can’t connect is like going to buy a car knowing that 4 wheels are required make the car roll....then when you replace a tire the car turns on but it won’t move. This connection of these devices is an essential part of the products overall performance. It’s obvious by all the comments and the ratings left buy consumers that are just as irritated as I am, the the app’s performance for these “connected” devices is nonexistent.
What is your company going to do to rectify this issue? Too bad we can’t do a class action lawsuit like they do with carmakers. And ask for pain and suffering for all of the foolishness and time wasted in trying to get something to work THAT SHOULD WORK AS ADVERTISED. 😡😡😡
JBL Charge 3 Connect+ Update
By Loader157 (Pcmac user)
I’ve updated the Charge 3 a few months back, while I understood the downfalls upgrading to connect + would be from leaving the normal the app Connect in the past I decided to do so. Upgrade process only took a couple of mins, Charge 3 shuts off, & boots up with the pairing mode okay 🤔.
Now I tested it My Charge 3 with my the app Boombox, the Boombox being Connect+ enabled by Default I listened to a couple of tracks, I Right away noticed drop outs (Constantly) Which I guess is because of the software update, & or just not having 2 of the same speakers (2x the app Boombox 2x the app Charge 3)
Which shouldn’t make a difference when you’re going to add more units along the way.
Time to time I use both speakers in party mode, Which sounds good, but the delay in when you play (Any media content) takes time for the other speaker which is not the Master to come in to (Sync)
Overall if I am going to purchase more the app Connect+ enable speakers, the app needs to come out with an software update to the app Connect+ to fix these Minor issues.
Also an update for previous Connect Enabled speakers to be upgraded to Connect+
My overall Cons V.S Pros
Cons (the app Connect+)
• Delay in Start up in media content
• Sync issue within playing music
• Connect 100+ the app Connect+ enabled speakers together
• Stereo Mode