What is SnapBridge on Nikon?
The SnapBridge app is a free app that lets you share high-quality photos taken with Nikon's camera directly to your email or social media Via Bluetooth as if the pictures have been taken with a smart device.
With the SnapBridge app, downloading photos from Nikon cameras is easy and direct.SnapBridge app is available for download on both iOS and Android and Windows devices. It is the fastest and the easiest way to get your photos out of your camera and into the world using a compatible smart device.
Having SnapBridge work reliably requires having the camera on and connected and having the app running on the phone. Photos can automatically be transferred from the camera to your phone or other mobile devices as you shoot. If you don’t want to automatically sync every photo, simple controls let you manually sync specific photos, transfer images at larger resolutions, and sync movies.
- You can send photos from your camera directly to your smartphone
- It saves your photos to a free cloud storage
- You can make automatic transfers to your phone or pick out specific pictures
- You can use your phone as a remote monitor to operate your camera depending on the model of the camera
- It features low power consumption on both smart devices and camera
- Every time you change your location, SnapBridge automatically updates your camera with the right time and date. Whenever your phone or tablet updates itself, your camera does too
Why download Snapbridge?
Snapbridge provides a way to transmit your images from your camera to a smart device quickly and effortlessly, depending on your camera model, SnapBridge can let you remotely control key camera functions from your smart device.
Advantages of the Snapbridge app:
- Pairing is simple and convenient, it requires the set up to be made just once for continuing use
- Images are automatically transferred from the camera to the smart devices as 2-MP (Full HD) images in JPEG format. Original-sized JPEGs can also be transferred. This prevents the need for constant connection, constant transfer, constant synching.
- Sharing professional pictures to social media platforms and online stores is easier
- The remote control feature allows you to confirm your shot before activating the shutter via the app.
- Up to five cameras can be registered and easily switched between the cameras and connecting your Nikon
- Snapbridge has low power consumption. It also has an additional power-saving mode that minimizes the battery usage of smart mobile devices.
- Snapbridge can only be used with Nikon cameras.
- If the camera is turned off, the app will go into a power-saving mode and may need to be woken up along with the camera. Given that mirrorless cameras use more power than DSLRs (and are more likely to be turned off to save battery), this can create some issues for keeping everything in sync.
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Check compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the SnapBridge app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using SnapBridge on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using SnapBridge on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "SnapBridge"
- The search will reveal the SnapBridge app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once SnapBridge is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including SnapBridge.
- Now enjoy SnapBridge on PC.
Install SnapBridge on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Need help? contact us here →
To use SnapBridge mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native SnapBridge Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum), AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install SnapBridge on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "SnapBridge" in search bar. On the results page, open and install SnapBridge.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » SnapBridge. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
SnapBridge On iTunes
Download on Android
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes