✔ What's Cool
1. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and find what you need by getting the latest information on businesses, including grocery stores, pharmacies and other important places.
Download and install Google Maps on your computer
Hurray! Seems an app like google maps is available for Windows! Download below:
|| Transit Maps Powered by Google Maps APIs
|| Web API for Google Maps Quick Guide FREE
|| Maps Pro With Google Maps APIs for Windows 10
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Not satisfied? Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the Google Maps app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using Google Maps on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using Google Maps on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "Google Maps"
- The search will reveal the Google Maps app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once Google Maps is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including Google Maps.
- Now enjoy Google Maps on PC.
Install Google Maps on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Need help? contact us here →
How to download and install Google Maps on Windows 11
To use Google Maps mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native Google Maps Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum), AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install Google Maps on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "Google Maps" in search bar. On the results page, open and install Google Maps.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » Google Maps. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
Google Maps On iTunes
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes
Software Features and Description
Navigate your world faster and easier with this app. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and find what you need by getting the latest information on businesses, including grocery stores, pharmacies and other important places.
Get where you need to go efficiently:
• Find the best route with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
Find important businesses:
• Know what’s open in your area and their latest business hours
• Find local restaurants offering delivery and takeout
• Create lists of your important places
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closure
• With Live View in this app, see the way you need to go with arrows and directions placed right on top of your world. There’s no second guessing or missing another turn.
More experiences on this app
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
Some features not available in all countries
Navigation isn't intended to be used by oversized or emergency vehicles
Top Pcmac Reviews
Best Navigation App and Its Still Frustrating
By gd google (Pcmac user)
this app is one of the best of the big navigation apps along with Apple Maps and Waze (owned by the app also I think). I've been using since about 2014 and its always a headache if I missed a turn in a city. It will redirect to the next best turn, but by the time it loads the new route and narrates the instructions I've missed that turn as well. This continues indefinitely, until I stop moving or just take the next turn on faith. Its extremely frustrating after missing several turns because I cant inch along waiting for the maps to catch up. I'd rather it give me a turn further ahead so I actually have a chance to react from about 40 mph. This is something that seems totally fixable.
More recently, its been stopping narration unannounced. Either never starts or just decides that a certain direction is the last one to be narrated. Exiting the app and reloading helps occasionally but not enough to consider it a solution. I use the maps when I'm driving to an area I dont know, so thats obviously a big issue. Updating the app and my operating system hasnt done anything to help. This happened today and added 20 minutes to a 25 minute commute. I've tried Apple Maps and a little of Waze, this app usually works the best but even still its irritating when you plan a trip I cant rely on this app to do the only to do the only thing its made to do.
Progressively getting worse
By Geordie Buckley stan (Pcmac user)
As someone else mentioned, the directions do not keep up with your physical movement. The GPS dot moves all over the place even if you are standing in one spot making it extremely difficult to get your bearings in an unfamiliar place. I may not know where I am, but I do know where I am not (...unless the men's fragrance section of Macy's has been moved outdoors and a block over). Adding to the challenge, the street names can be difficult to find. You may have to zoom out a significant amount for the one you are looking for to appear. God forbid you want to zoom out and look for something in another area. Every time I have tried recently, it just brings me back to the area I'm currently in.
Using the transit directions prove to be equally obnoxious. There will be directions to "Walk" but no explanation of where to (no "turn left on X Street") so you have to rely on their map and faulty GPS. The public transit are very confusing and counterintuitive (perhaps they're sufficient for people used to using public transit?). I couldn't always clearly tell when a bus/train was arriving.
Not sure what happened with the last few updates, as I have used this app reliably on a number of past trips. I already hated to give my data over to the app but the frustration with this app on this trip makes it easy to try something new. I imagine orienteering would be easier than using this app!
Disregard earlier review
By Monstevr (Pcmac user)
This app is garbage. It’s been out for years and they don’t fix basic algorithm mistakes like how it arbitrarily decides to omit immediate-next turns (and then you drive to the wrong borough and you’re twenty minutes later than you would be if you were using something other than garbage), or it tells you to be in any number of lanes to make a turn or an exit when there is really only one acceptable lane to be in to not kill everyone trying to drive around you, or it doesn’t tell you that the highway you’re on drops a lane, or it wastes time telling you that the next thing you need to do is merge when the only thing in the world you could physically ever do at that juncture IS merge (or just dunk your car in a ditch and be done with driving altogether).
Just make your app make sense if you want any stars in my review of it! You’ve had years to make it minimally useable and you’ve been doing what this whole time? Adding features nobody asked for? Stop that.
UPDATE: I’m very generously giving these bozos an extra star for streamlining the alternate route button. It’s cute and convenient and I’m proud of you guys. Now invest this star miraculously because you’re still days from driving me into the arms of AN ACTUAL FLIP PHONE so that I can go back to VZ Navigator if I can’t honestly give this app a five-star review. I’m dead serious about all of this.
Great, but flawed
By Norway772 (Pcmac user)
So without question this app is one of my most used apps. Very early on I decided it was far better than Apple’s maps app (maybe I should go back and try that because I haven’t used it for years). Anyway, the pluses are many, but there is one thing that drives me so insane that I rank this app a 3 instead of a 5, that one thing is extremely untimely short freeze ups. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in a situation where I need the app the run normally in order to get the info I need in time to make a correct turn and the app will pause/freeze for a few seconds. It’s almost is if it knows what’s going on and is playing a cruel trick on me. Just today I had put in my destination, had the route, and was on my way. A while later I saw an exit sign and thought that could be my exit. I pulled the app back up to check and.......... my blue GPS marker had me about 2 miles off the highway in the middle of no where just sitting still. So I wait, I’m getting closer and closer to the exit, I wait and wait, slow down a little, and wait, and there goes the exit, and finally it shows yes that was the exit. Almost broke my new iPhone X. And that exact thing has happened on multiple occasions with multiple phones. I’m going to see if any other ratings mention this.