✔ What's Cool
1. The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search that works across all your mail.
Download and install Gmail - Email by Google on your Laptop or Desktop computer
Hurray! Seems an app like gmail is available for Windows! Download below:
|| Mail (Gmail)
|| EasyMail for Gmail
|| WunderMail for Gmail
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Not satisfied? Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select your PC version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
If you want to install and use the Gmail - Email by Google app on your PC or Mac, you will need to download and install a Desktop App emulator for your computer. We have worked diligently to help you understand how to use this app for your computer in 4 simple steps below:
Step 1: Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac
Ok. First things first. If you want to use the application on your computer, first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for either the Bluestacks app or the Nox App >> . Most of the tutorials on the web recommends the Bluestacks app and I might be tempted to recommend it too, because you are more likely to easily find solutions online if you have trouble using the Bluestacks application on your computer. You can download the Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
Step 2: Install the emulator on your PC or Mac
Now that you have downloaded the emulator of your choice, go to the Downloads folder on your computer to locate the emulator or Bluestacks application.
Once you have found it, click it to install the application or exe on your PC or Mac computer.
Now click Next to accept the license agreement.
Follow the on screen directives in order to install the application properly.
If you do the above correctly, the Emulator app will be successfully installed.
Step 3: for PC - Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10 / 11
Now, open the Emulator application you have installed and look for its search bar. Once you found it, type Gmail - Email by Google in the search bar and press Search. Click on Gmail - Email by Googleapplication icon. A window of Gmail - Email by Google on the Play Store or the app store will open and it will display the Store in your emulator application. Now, press the Install button and like on an iPhone or Android device, your application will start downloading. Now we are all done.
You will see an icon called "All Apps".
Click on it and it will take you to a page containing all your installed applications.
You should see the icon. Click on it and start using the application.
Step 4: for Mac OS
Hi. Mac user!
The steps to use Gmail - Email by Google for Mac are exactly like the ones for Windows OS above. All you need to do is install the Nox Application Emulator or Bluestack on your Macintosh. The links are provided in step one
Need help or Can't find what you need? Kindly contact us here →
How to download and install Gmail on Windows 11
To use mobile apps on your Windows 11, you need to install the Amazon Appstore. Once it's set up, you'll be able to browse and install mobile apps from a curated catalogue. If you want to run android apps on your Windows 11, this guide is for you.
Steps to setup your pc and download Gmail app on Windows 11:
- Check if your computer is compatible: Here are the minimum requirements:
Check if Gmail already has a native Windows version here ». If there is no native version, proceed to step 3.
Install the Amazon Appstore from the Microsoft Store here ». Selecting "Get" will begin the installation of the App and will automatically install Windows Subsystem for Android too.
After installation, the Amazon Appstore and the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app will appear in the Start menu and your apps list. Open the Amazon Appstore and login with your Amazon account.
Go to the Amazon App store and search for "Gmail". Open the app page by clicking the app icon. Click "Install". After installation, Click "Open" to start using the Gmail app.
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum or above)
- AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum or above)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum or above)
- Processor Architecture: x64 or ARM64
To find Gmail Android app on Windows 11 after you install it, Go to Start menu » Recommended section. If you can't find the Gmail app there, click on "All apps" next to the pinned section in the Start menu and scroll through the list.
Was the setup process hard? Is Amazon Appstore on Windows not available in your country or Is Gmail app not working on your Windows 11? Simply download the APK directly and install via emulator. Follow the best guide for this here ».
Gmail - Email by Google On iTunes
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes
Gmail - Email by Google Software Features and Description
The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with robust security, real-time notifications, multiple account support, and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Make Gmail your default email app on iOS
• Automatically block more than 99.9 percent of spam, phishing, malware, and dangerous links from ever reaching your inbox
• Undo send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Turn on Google Chat to connect, create and collaborate with others
• Get more done as a group in Spaces - a dedicated place for organizing people, topics, and projects
• Enjoy high quality video calling with Google Meet
• Respond to emails quickly with Smart Reply suggestions
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge, and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type, and spelling suggestions
• Organize your mail by labeling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
Gmail is part of Google Workspace, allowing you and your team to easily connect, create, and collaborate. You can:
• Connect with coworkers via Google Meet or Google Chat, send an invite in Calendar, add an action to your task list, and more without leaving Gmail
• Use suggested actions — like Smart Reply, Smart Compose, grammar suggestions, and nudges — to help you stay on top of work and take care of simple tasks, so you can be more efficient with your time
• Stay safe. Our machine learning models block more than 99.9% of spam, phishing, and malware from reaching our users
Top Pcmac Reviews
Slow, glitchy, and this redesign :(
By wordo2.0 (Pcmac user)
I didn’t update gmail in a while, and when I finally did, I thought things would run smoother, but then I get this weird redesign.
The redesign makes it difficult to know which email account you’re using and makes it more convoluted to switch accounts. They also made the font in the app smaller so it’s harder to read. Overall, I think it’s just messy. Maybe I’m just not used to it yet, but I think this redesign makes the app harder to use. And with the redesign, the app reset my original settings on swiping to archive or delete which was just annoying.
Plus, as I try to write emails, I keep getting the notification “some changes may not have saved” or something like that, and it would pop up every few seconds, making my email infuriating to write.
My inbox takes longer to load now too with the redesign, and sometimes my notifications don’t go through, but that might be because of my phone, not the app.
I don’t know, it just feels like gmail’s getting worse. I wish they would stop trying to put in all these new features like Google Pay in emails, and just aim to make the app comfortable to use... Trying to attach multiple files in an email on mobile is so tedious.
Severely limited functionality
By bigshot_bob (Pcmac user)
I use my iPad for work, as I need to take high resolution videos and have quick access to apps. The Gmail app has such terribly limited usability in key areas. First, it is crazy that I cannot create bulleted or numbered lists. This seems like a key component to writing succinct emails and I am not sure why this is not included. Second, I cannot copy and paste tables from other Google apps and keep the formatting! We send programs to clients that we create in Google sheets, but we do not need to send the entire sheet at one time, only a part. You simply cannot do this without creating an entirely new sheet, and then sharing it with them, which is simply not functional. I would rather be able to copy and paste the section of the sheet that is necessary to use. Lastly, the emails I send from my iPad do not have the same formatting as the desktop site. Again, I am at a loss as to why this is the case. We have a specific signature that we need to use in order to send protected information, and I have to set this signature up again instead of it carrying over from my desktop accessibility.
The only good thing about this app is that I can access my email from it. However, it severely limits my ability to send useful emails and this kills my productivity during work hours with my iPad.
Why does gmail have a web browser?
By p m 8 8 (Pcmac user)
Why does this app have a built in web browser? If you click on a link in an email a little window comes up that asks if you want to open it in chrome or safari. I don't have chrome installed because I feel that google harvests enough information about me as it is. So i select open in safari. However when I do this it does not open safari. It opens this miniature web browser that is baked into
gmail, there is a button on the bottom of the screen that forwards you to safari. But its too late. The link has been opened in a google made web browser. This is annoying and deceitful. If its a link that can only be used once, then opening it in this mini browser has just ruined the link so that I would have do whenever it is in this built in browser. I would say its okay if I could just delete all cookies and such from this mini bowser but there is no option. And even even if i could delete the information its too late because google already saw what I was doing in that session. I can only assume that google now has any and all information that has been put into the mini browser. I would use a different email app however google has made it so that I cant use any other email app with a gmail account... so I guess I’m just screwed.
DON’T get this app.
By Muahahailaugh (Pcmac user)
1. You can’t mass delete emails in this app. You have to select every email, one by one. That’s usually multiple clicks (or a swipe and click) per email.
2. Your inbox is automatically separated into different inboxes, including social and “promotions.” Emails are seemingly put into other categories AT RANDOM. Multiple times now, emails from addresses which previously went into my inbox went into these other two categories, and one of the times, it was a work email. That email was also labeled as important, another category that has NO notifications by default, and it could not be seen when I went into the “All mail” tab.
I’ve tried to make sense of why emails from certain addresses (of the same topic every time) would randomly go into different folders, but I have no idea still. All in all, this is unnecessarily complicated, unhelpful, and you have to fix it all yourself because those are the default settings. I can’t believe we get advertisements in the same area and with the same look as other, unread emails as well.
If you can, don’t get this app. Use gmail on your browser, or maybe don’t use gmail unless you have to. Maybe this is less terrible on a different device (my device is an iPad Pro), but I somehow doubt that.