Intro to Cricut Design Space - Download, Uses and Advantages
Cricut Design app is an app created specifically for Circuit makers and Cricut Explore family smart cutting machines. It can be used on your desktop and your mobile device to create projects on your circuit maker.
Cricut Design space can be used free or with a subscription. It has some limited free fonts, images, and ready-to-make projects already in Design Space that you can use without a Cricut Access subscription at all. You can upload free fonts and images from the internet and you can create your own.
However, you can buy whatever font or image you need. Fonts, images, and projects in the Design space are available in two ways: you can pay a one-time fee for it, or you can use it for free with a Cricut Access subscription. If you buy it, it's yours to keep. There is some exclusive content, just for Cricut Access members, that you cannot purchase separately.
Once the software is installed on your device, you'll be able to layout designs on or offline. You'll be able to select art and fonts to create designs or choose pre-designed projects to make. You can create your designs on other apps such as Adobe Illustrator or Procreate and upload them to Cricut Design Space so they can be formatted to work with Cricut machines.
Features of Cricut Design:
- You can choose from over 60,000 images, fonts, and ready-to-make projects
- Design text-only layouts using a variety of fonts.
- Upload and edit many image types such as jpg, .gif., .png, .bmp, .svg, and .dxf
- Bluetooth wireless capability
- App syncs across all your devices, so you can design whenever inspired
- Finding images in the Cricut Library
- You can send projects to the virtual cutting mat
- Saving projects on your computer or in the clouds
- Share projects with the Cricut community.
- Customize and create projects designed by other community members.
Why should you use Cricut Design Space over Cricut Design?
Cricut Design Space is an indispensable app that allows you to use your Cricut machine. It is easy to use and comes with free access to a lot of designs and fonts. It also has some basic design features that let you make your images and you have the option to browse lots of premade designs and use some of their images.
Advantages of the app:
- Design Space includes a library of images, fonts, and pre-designed projects.
- You can combine pre-designed images and fonts to layout project designs.
- You can create and edit pre-made projects by easily adjusting images and designs with a few tools.
- You can create original designs using simple shapes.
- You can create designs using your fonts
- You can save your projects on the cloud, which allows you to work on your project from any device.
- The software calls for excellent internet stability. A slow internet connection is a big problem.
- Running tons of background programs while you’re trying to use Design Space can also cause the app to lag
Hurray! Seems an app like cricut design space is available for Windows! Download below:
Cricut Design Space Tutorials
Cricut Design Space For Beginners
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Not satisfied? Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the Cricut Design Space app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using Cricut Design Space on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using Cricut Design Space on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "Cricut Design Space"
- The search will reveal the Cricut Design Space app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once Cricut Design Space is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including Cricut Design Space.
- Now enjoy Cricut Design Space on PC.
Install Cricut Design Space on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Get a Compatible APK for PC
| Check for APK →
To use Cricut Design Space mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native Cricut Design Space Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen, AMD Ryzen 3000 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install Cricut Design Space on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "Cricut Design Space" in search bar. On the results page, open and install Cricut Design Space.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » Cricut Design Space. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
Cricut Design Space On iTunes
|Free On iTunes
Download on Android: Download Android