Introduction to Amazon WorkSpace Client for Windows
An Amazon WorkSpace is a cloud-based desktop that can act as a substitute for a conventional desktop that you can use for your day-to-day business tasks such as editing documents, accessing web applications, sending and receiving company email.
It is a collection of an operating system, compute resources, storage space, and software applications that allow a user to perform day-to-day tasks just like using a traditional desktop.
You can use Amazon WorkSpaces to provision either Windows or Linux desktops to gain quick access to thousands of desktops to workers across the globe. Amazon WorkSpaces is a secure desktop computing service that runs on the AWS cloud.
- Functionality: Amazon WorkSpace offers great functionality, with fully managed services for you. It also beats the need for you to have and manage multiple desktops, saving you time and money.
- Security: It utilises streaming protocols to provide a secure and high-quality experience.
- Bundle Options: It provides different workspace bundle options that offer different software and hardware options based on the needs of its users. Users can also launch the number of workspaces they need.
- Uses existing Windows licences: users can bring existing Windows licence to Amazon WorkSpace and run them on hardware specifically dedicated to the user. you can enjoy a 16 percent reduction applied to each workspace if you bring their licence. However, your organisation must maintain at least 200 work areas in the given AWS region every month.
- Easy Set up: When you pick a bundle that is best suited to your needs you receive an email providing instructions on where to download the Amazon WorkSpaces, the applications they need, and how to connect to your Amazon WorkSpace. When you are no longer an Amazon WorkSpace, you can easily delete it.
- Security: it provides access to your WorkSpaces based on IP address, device type, or through the use of their digital certificates. The Amazon Workspace helps its users to achieve compliance and security requirements, including HIPAA compliance and PCI compliance.
- Storage: it provides each user with access to varying amounts of persistent storage (SSD Volumes) in the AWS cloud based on the bundle selected.
- Amazon WorkSpaces can be accessed from Windows and Mac computers, Chromebooks, iPads, Fire tablets, and Android tablets and supported web browsers
Are Workspaces free? Should I create an Amazon WorkSpace?
Amazon workplace provides the option for you to bring your devices, which can again save IT departments money. This flexibility makes it ideal for seasonal work or organisations that employ contractors for temporary work on big projects.
It also works well for salespeople who may require access to information while on business trips and remote workers who have access to all the same files and applications no matter where they are working.
Benefits of Amazon WorkSpace:
- It is customizable to fit your exact requirements
- It also beats the need for you to have and manage multiple desktops, saving you time and money.
- It is easy to use and can be used from anywhere in the world
- It works on almost every desktop operating system
- It is highly dependent on an internet connection and can become slow or stop when there is a slow internet connection.
Hurray! Seems an app like amazon workspaces is available for Windows! Download below:
AMZN Mobile LLC
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Not satisfied? Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the Amazon WorkSpaces app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using Amazon WorkSpaces on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using Amazon WorkSpaces on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "Amazon WorkSpaces"
- The search will reveal the Amazon WorkSpaces app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once Amazon WorkSpaces is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including Amazon WorkSpaces.
- Now enjoy Amazon WorkSpaces on PC.
Install Amazon WorkSpaces on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Get a Compatible APK for PC
| Check for APK →
||AMZN Mobile LLC
To use Amazon WorkSpaces mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native Amazon WorkSpaces Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen, AMD Ryzen 3000 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install Amazon WorkSpaces on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "Amazon WorkSpaces" in search bar. On the results page, open and install Amazon WorkSpaces.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » Amazon WorkSpaces. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
Amazon WorkSpaces On iTunes
|Free On iTunes
||AMZN Mobile LLC
Download on Android: Download Android