✔ What's Cool
1. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group.
2. • Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
3. • Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
Download and install Hangouts on your computer
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Check compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the Hangouts app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using Hangouts on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using Hangouts on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "Hangouts"
- The search will reveal the Hangouts app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once Hangouts is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including Hangouts.
- Now enjoy Hangouts on PC.
Install Hangouts on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Need help? contact us here →
How to download and install Hangouts on Windows 11
To use Hangouts mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native Hangouts Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum), AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install Hangouts on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "Hangouts" in search bar. On the results page, open and install Hangouts.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » Hangouts. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
Hangouts On iTunes
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes
Software Features and Description
Use this app to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile app remotely with Google Cloud.
Top Pcmac Reviews
By ICanRateOk (Pcmac user)
My friends wanted to chat with me, so they recommended this app to do it. I was like Ok, let’s try it. It’s all like the regular texting app, but you can also call using the same app, which is pretty convenient. The regular app does not include calling, and you need two apps if you want to call. You can also switch from voicemail to FaceTime, instead of having to call again if you want to FaceTime. Group chat let’s you talk as a group in a voicemail or FaceTime, and all of the people can decide if they want either voice only or camera. If you don’t have the new update for group chat on your device, that’s ok! You don’t need to update to group chat on this app. Overall, this app totally deserves five stars. As an addition, I like the little cyclops guy that you see if there is nothing there. Hey, it’s cute and makes the app pop out more. The logo is a dialog bubble with quotations (“) in it, which is a pretty clever idea because the app is about chat. If you are reading this and you don’t have this app, get it right now. You better. And if you already do, then give yourself a pat on the back. I’m so glad I found this app, and I hope you decide to use the app too. Applause to the creator of this app. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 You deserve it.
Love it, but now I’m really sad
By cncowj is (Pcmac user)
I use this app all the time to talk to all of my friends. I love the app, and it is pretty much my life. Then today, October 20th 2019, I was refreshing this app and signing out of my account meaning to sign back in and it would be refreshed. I do this a lot, because then after I sign back in I can see my friends’ changed profile pictures, etc. I had also just installed the IOS 12.4.2 update on my device. A screen I had never seen before popped up that said, “Welcome! this app will save all of your recorded conversation history so you can access it anywhere you need to.” Then at the bottom of the screen there was a big blue button that read, “OK, got it!” I pressed that button. At first it didn’t work and I assumed it was a tiny glitch and wasn’t a big deal. I waited. I tried again. I did it again. It still wasn’t working. I restarted my device, deleted and re-installed this app, cleared all my windows and checked my internet connection, which was full bars. I’m still trying to figure out why it won’t work. At the time, I cannot contact any of the people I would want to contact. Please help me! I love this app and need it to work!
By Oodleade (Pcmac user)
I’ve been using this app for three years now and it works pretty good. There are times when it glitches out (the screen freezes, the keyboard disappears, messages won’t send etc) but those glitches are less common now. When it comes to video chatting in large groups, sometimes it overloads it and everyone freezes but that can be fixed by everyone (except for one person) hanging up and re-joining. There was one time when the video chatting system barely worked but that was a while ago. Overall, it’s a really useful app for people who can’t afford phones or data because it can be used on almost any device. Half the time I forget I’m using an app and just feel like I’m texting instead. Oh, and the screen will show who is there in the chat with you, when a message was wrote, and if someone is typing or deleting something in a message. I always found that to be a fun and useful feature.
By EmmaMarie23 (Pcmac user)
I’ve been using this app for about five years now and I love it. It for sure works better on Samsung or LG products than I phone products, but there isn’t a huge difference. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to load. I like that I’m able to use it on my phone and on my laptop. I love pretty much everything about it except the new emojis. The new emojis are scary looking, I prefer the old ones.
I’ve made new friends through this outlet. I even eventually met my boyfriend through this huge group chat I had started with people I knew. Those people added some people they knew and I just remember laughing a lot. I’m also able to keep in touch with a friend I met from Switzerland. My whole immediate family uses it too, we have a family group chat!
If the app creators are ever looking to improve it though, they should revert back to the old emojis and maybe add some gifs. I highly recommend this app!