✔ What's Cool
1. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 13 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand.
2. GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go.
3. ** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
4. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs.
5. *** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
6. **** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
Download and install GarageBand on your computer
Hurray! Seems an app like garageband is available for Windows! Download below:
|| Learning GarageBand '11
|| Make EDM Course For GarageBand
|| Beginner's Guide For GarageBand.
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Not satisfied? Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the GarageBand app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using GarageBand on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using GarageBand on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "GarageBand"
- The search will reveal the GarageBand app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once GarageBand is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including GarageBand.
- Now enjoy GarageBand on PC.
Install GarageBand on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Need help? contact us here →
How to download and install GarageBand on Windows 11
To use GarageBand mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native GarageBand Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum), AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install GarageBand on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "GarageBand" in search bar. On the results page, open and install GarageBand.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » GarageBand. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
GarageBand On iTunes
Download on Android
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes
Software Features and Description
this app turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar to instantly record a performance, with support for up to 32 tracks. Use the Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops, and sound packs created by some of the biggest producers in the world. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record to capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy Touch Instrument
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops, and sound packs for this app with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps and stompboxes
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into this app using Audio Unit Extensions*
• Add virtual session drummers to your song, who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists**
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange, and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops***
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, or iPhone
• Share your songs using email or to social media sites like SoundCloud****
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro project from your iPhone, or iPad via iCloud
* Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from GarageBand Store.
** Requires free download from this app Sound Library.
*** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
**** Sharing to some social media sites may require apps like iMovie, Clips or other third-party apps
Top Pcmac Reviews
I want to use wind instruments, but they’re not there!
By YourLittleSylveon (Pcmac user)
I’m a beginner music maker, and I’ve been playing in a school band for a lot of my life, so I grew up loving wind instruments like flute, trumpets, etc. but as of July 10, 2019, there doesn’t seem to be an option to get them. I searched for extensions to add to this app so that I may use the more traditional instruments, but I couldn’t find anything. All I have is the computerized digital percussion, some strings I don’t know how to use (yet), and a piano which I’m unable to really use because on my phone screen, the accents and attacks on the instrument are very spontaneous and annoying. It’s a good app, don’t get me wrong, but no matter where I look, I can’t find any instruments I know what to do with in a composition (i.e. wind instruments). There also doesn’t seem to really be a good way of making music box music in it no matter how hard I try (I try using the Sweet Bells on the piano setting, but even after messing with the sound settings it still doesn’t feel right). The reason I point these things out is because I want to create more traditional or fantasy-based music. It would be nice to be able to create some ethereal music without struggling to find the instruments. Other than that, the app is wonderful and intuitive. I intend to keep using it, just so long as I have access to wind instruments and hopefully a music box-like instrument. Thank you for your time!
Needs to be solved
By AJ_money maker (Pcmac user)
So I have been using this app since the iPhone 5s. And I have a major complaint it is a major book for those who are using voiceover with this app. It’s a book Apple needs to take care of. I am a voiceover user myself and I have been having this issue. Whenever you would like to add compression, change your EQ, add reverb, or echo, or any really cool affect like reversing the track, changing the speed so if you were trying to make those rap style high hats, or adding other great effects. Garage band will not let you, as soon as you close out of your mixer it erases all of the things you’ve done. Matter of fact it doesn’t even add DFX it’s like you never even added them. I have been dealing with this bug, since I started using this app I have never been able to successfully add any of those amazing plug-ins garage band will not even change the sound of your recording, as soon as you go and increase or decrease the amount of compression reverb or like I said any of the other affects, and you close out of the mixer and prepped play to hear your track it doesn’t add them, then you go back to your mixer and look at it and see they’re all back down to 0% Apple please please fix this issue, recordings with sound so much better when you can actually affect the sound. This bug has been going on long enough. On behalf of me and other voiceover users a like please fix this issue
Complaints about GarageBand
By ElaijahS (Pcmac user)
I love this app as it’s one of the only things I use on my Phone but as a beginner music creator, I have some complaints about various things. First off, notes snapping to the grid when you want to record certain rhythms and beats. For example, if you want to make triplets or a shuffle beat, it changes it to a straight beat, and as a beginner, I don’t know the exact placing of a triplet and while I can create a shuffle beat by editing the track, it’s super discouraging to do so because there’s no real reason to have it as a forced option. Second thing, sounds like the Violin, French Horn, and Brass Section are terribly delayed to the full attack of the sound. So if you put a note on beat 1, the full attack of the sound is an eighth of a beat later, so in order to counter that, you have to move the track over, and move notes accordingly (if it’s in the very beginning of the song). I’m also upset that this app doesn’t have sounds like a Saxophone for jazz solos and whatever else or Marching Percussion instruments (Snare, Bass Drums, and Quads/Quints) to either create a matching piece or for a stylistic piece that uses Marching Percussion instruments as well as maybe some synths. Maybe this app isn’t amazing so you upgrade to Logic Pro on a Mac and maybe all of these problems have been solved there, but for 5$, this app is great. I would expect this app to fix that first issue though.
By The child indoors (Pcmac user)
Ok so I’ve been using this app seriously for 3 years. And I’ve enjoyed making beats on it. I truly have. I think it just needs a little bit of adjustment. One thing I request is to add in a saxophone sound. I’ve been trying to make a chill beat with a saxophone in it and I’m not gonna buy a saxophone for this one beat. Another thing is to have tuned drum kits. For example, in the FL studio you can use a hi-hat sound, but it on a piano roll, and make a cool effect where if you make a quick chromatic sequence, it has a cool ascending hi-hat sound. I have one last request. Auto-tune. Now you don’t have to, but it would be a cool little feature to have on this app. Like say I were to record me singing one note, say middle C. I would like for that note to change into other notes. Like if I recorded myself singing the note C, and the word “office”, and both syllables were on beat, each syllable could be different notes, or to make it more complicated, divide the syllables by twos, threes, fours, fives, sixes and so on and so fourth. Ok that got complicated. I just wanted to get the specifics about a possible new auto-tune feature. But so far the app is great I just request those three things. Have a great day!