Getting started Capcut Video Editor
If you're familiar with Tiktok, then there's a high chance you already know this software. Previously called Viamaker, CapCut is a mobile app that is made to complement the video editing system of Tiktok. It is free and is equally recommended as an editing app for Tiktok users. It allows you to modify your videos with filters and makes your videos look more professional with all the tools inputted in the app.
It was launched in China first with the name "Jianying" and has once gotten recognised in 2019 as one of the Top Ten Worldwide, Most downloaded apps in 2019. Hence if you want to know, Capcut is a Chinese app.
Capcut is quite easy to use as its user interface is clean and allows for easy navigation. This app is secure as it doesn't keep your personal data and asks for limited permission. Below are some notable features of CapCut.
- It comes with trending stickers, texts and fonts that help your video to garner more attention.
- It comes with magical effects to make your videos more beautiful.
- There's a huge music library which has exclusive tik tok music for use by subscribers.
- It's easy to use the Cut, Reverse and Change the speed on your videos.
- There's now a 3D Zoom effect in addition to other effects added to the Style Module.
- It has added new languages as options for users to pick from.
- It possesses a dark mode feature.
- Very Compatible with android devices beginning from Android 5.0 and above.
What is CapCut for? Is it Useful?
- One of the major reasons Capcut is so useful is the recently added Language option. You can decide to choose between any of the languages you feel most comfortable to use instead of trying to blend with basic English/Chinese. This is mostly for locals in various countries.
- It is easy to manipulate videos using Capcut. It has so many filters that are used for many different actions like softening or sharpening the videos for example, beautifying tools to give the videos better quality. Who wouldn't want a vast variety of tools to help in creating a near perfect video?
- Users don't need to export music to their TikTok. Capcut possesses a very good collection of royalty free music and sound effects that users can easily use for their music videos. Not only are they royalty free, they are also high quality and easy to use and control even within the videos.
Advantages of editing videos on CapCut.
- It is very timely and suitable to use in video editing. This is because it was created by the same person so it's easily the most suitable application to edit TikTok videos.
- There are so many features to help a user create their best TikTok video every time.
- The music library is huge and this gives users so many qualitative options.
- Some major video editing features are missing from the app.
- It is limited by the processing system of a user's device.
- Because of how huge the editing system is, it can be confusing especially for a new user.
- It is a Chinese app.
Download and install CapCut - Video Editor on your computer
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the CapCut - Video Editor app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using CapCut on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using CapCut on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "CapCut"
- The search will reveal the CapCut - Video Editor app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once CapCut is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including CapCut.
- Now enjoy CapCut on PC.
Install CapCut - Video Editor on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Get a Compatible APK for PC
| Check for APK →
How to download and install CapCut on Windows 11
To use CapCut mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native CapCut Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen, AMD Ryzen 3000 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install CapCut on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "CapCut" in search bar. On the results page, open and install CapCut - Video Editor.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » CapCut. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
CapCut - Video Editor On iTunes
|Free On iTunes
Download on Android: Download Android
Top Pcmac Reviews
Very easy to use!
By DetectiveNarada (Pcmac user)
Fantastic app, very easy to use and multiple options for all needs!!! This is what I was looking for a long time!!! And all this is for free...veryy cool!!!
By wholooo7899 (Pcmac user)
Seriously one of the best video/photo editor I’ve ever used. Super simple and easy. AND no watermarks. AND no ads whatsoever. Thank you so much for making this ❤️
By Mooshable (Pcmac user)
Thanks for making this completely free
By jsjenbdnsm (Pcmac user)
This is a very professional editing app.