Spark AR Player/Studio
Augmented Reality (AR for short) has taken a new turn for users of social media unlike in the past. Now, Spark creators announced on Instagram that creators/users can use their product to create the reality they desire on their devices without having to do any extras than simply have the tool.
WHAT IS SPARK AR STUDIO?
This is an augmented reality space for creators to easily make filters/effects for their phone cameras without much hassle. It is noteworthy that this platform is mostly for Windows and Mac, made to function like Photoshop but for Augmented Reality.
With Spark AR, you can create fun filters to further beautify your art or simply create filters for users like those creators who are part of the closed Spark AR beta programme on Instagram.
1. You can create textures/tones, some 2/3 D objects using the platform.
2. There's a Viewport which you can use to literally create visuals of your workflow.
3. You can use this platform to make effects that will respond to a person's face/body.
4. You can import your own 3D objects into the platform to complement the materials already there for your use.
5. Spark AR includes features like Lighting, text addition, 2D and 3D effects, audio addition, etc
6. You can make use of the Patch Editor for creating interactive experiences without necessarily using scripts.
7. You can easily use the Livestream module to know when someone uses your effects on an app eg Instagram.
8. You can preview and test your effect in the platform, see how it looks, then in turn, you can export and publish your effects as soon as you're done.
USE AND IMPORTANCE
The Spark AR Studio is used to create augmented reality filters or effects for use on social media specifically Instagram.
It is important to know also that you could use the effects created in the Spark AR Studio as a growth hack or for getting more followers on Instagram.
Generally, Spark AR platform is a super efficient and versatile space enabling creators to literally design new AR adventures. It's not impossible to guess that this tool is of great value to its users.
PROS OF SPARK AR STUDIO
- Very great software for specifically planning facial recognition based augmented reality.
- It helps bridge the divide between basic coding and the difficulty involved in developing augmented reality.
- Software is free.
- Pretty easy to use.
CONS OF SPARK AR
- Some parts of the software aren't tracked well enough.
- Minor glitches
- Only available on Mac OS and Windows too.
- Spark AR is limited in reach and in usage.
Hurray! Seems an app like spark ar player is available for Windows! Download below:
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
|| Microsoft Sticky Notes
|| Network Speed Test
If you want to install and use the Spark AR Player app on your PC or Mac, you will need to download and install a Desktop App emulator for your computer. We have worked diligently to help you understand how to use this app for your computer in 4 simple steps below:
Step 1: Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac
Ok. First things first. If you want to use the application on your computer, first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for either the Bluestacks app or the Nox App . Most of the tutorials on the web recommends the Bluestacks app and I might be tempted to recommend it too, because you are more likely to easily find solutions online if you have trouble using the Bluestacks application on your computer. You can download the Bluestacks Pc or Mac software here .
Step 2: Install the emulator on your PC or Mac
Now that you have downloaded the emulator of your choice, go to the Downloads folder on your computer to locate the emulator or Bluestacks application.
Once you have found it, click it to install the application or exe on your PC or Mac computer.
Now click Next to accept the license agreement.
Follow the on screen directives in order to install the application properly.
If you do the above correctly, the Emulator app will be successfully installed.
Step 3: for PC - Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
Now, open the Emulator application you have installed and look for its search bar. Once you found it, type Spark AR Player in the search bar and press Search. Click on Spark AR Playerapplication icon. A window of Spark AR Player on the Play Store or the app store will open and it will display the Store in your emulator application. Now, press the Install button and like on an iPhone or Android device, your application will start downloading. Now we are all done.
You will see an icon called "All Apps".
Click on it and it will take you to a page containing all your installed applications.
You should see the icon. Click on it and start using the application.
Step 4: for Mac OS
Hi. Mac user!
The steps to use Spark AR Player for Mac are exactly like the ones for Windows OS above. All you need to do is install the Nox Application Emulator or Bluestack on your Macintosh. The links are provided in step one
Spark AR Player On iTunes
Download on Android
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes
See what your Spark AR Studio effects look like on your mobile device.
Spark AR Player works with the Mac app, Spark AR Studio, which lets you create advanced effects with augmented reality for the Facebook camera.
Use Spark AR Player to:
- Mirror effects, like masks and frames, from your computer to your mobile device
- Test how your creations respond to movement and interaction
- Store multiple effects and versions in the app