What is Google Assistant? An Artificial Intelligence Voice App
As Apple/iOS phones have Siri and Amazon has Alexa, so is Google Assistant to Android Phones. Just as the name implies, Google Assistant is a Google product which basically assists Google in carrying out activities using voice commands, voice searches and activated device control.
The way Google assistant is designed, it can carry on conversation-like interactions with a smart device user. Note however that Google Assistant isn't only limited to voice but text entries, and weill follow whatever form of conversation it is engaged in.
Google Now or Google Assistant?
You must realize that before the launch of Google Assistant, there was an extension of Google called Google Now which was made to be personal to a user. Google Now was at that time responsible for pulling out relevant information for you.
Now, Google Assistant is a fusion of Google Now but with more voice control features
in addition to texts entries.
The way it functions is important because now you don't have to perform tasks manually. You can use Google Assistant unless you choose to perform said tasks manually. Simple voice commands get the jobs done for you. All you need to begin is state wake words like "Okay Google" or "Hey Google".
Google assistant has many FEATURES but we are going to look at just a few of those FEATURES below:
- Supports smart home navigation.
- Accesses information (either personal or impersonal) from a user.
- It can browse the internet to discover new information for user.
- Creates Timers for you the user.
- It can open apps and read your notifications to you.
- Supported to send messages on your behalf.
- Google Assistant can play games with you and even control your music.
Pros of Google Assistant:
- It makes it easy to reply messages and stay in touch with family and friends.
- You get quick answers to bugging questions fast by using Google assistant instead of manually searching the internet.
- Google assistant ensures you tick off all your to-do tasks for the day as it helps you take notes, set timers and alarms, etc.
- You could kill boredom by playing games with Google Assistant.
- It makes navigating your smart home as simple as only voice commands. Reduces stressful motion.
- It will cost you data to get constant reminders and I upcoming events because this assistant works with the internet.
- You will feel like you are being monitored and you are. That is the price for all the personal information it gathers to perform your basic tasks.
Hurray! Seems an app like google assistant is available for Windows! Download below:
|| gPlayer for Google Play Music
Yellow Elephant Productions
|| GNews - Google News Reader
|| Cloud Drive! : OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive and more
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Not satisfied? Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the Google Assistant app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using Google Assistant on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using Google Assistant on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "Google Assistant"
- The search will reveal the Google Assistant app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once Google Assistant is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including Google Assistant.
- Now enjoy Google Assistant on PC.
Install Google Assistant on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Need help? contact us here →
To use Google Assistant mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native Google Assistant Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum), AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install Google Assistant on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "Google Assistant" in search bar. On the results page, open and install Google Assistant.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » Google Assistant. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
Google Assistant On iTunes
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes