What is Google Meet?
Human relationships are essential; The Google Meet App is the best App to maintain connections and meet with business partners or employees. Students can use the App to catch up on assignments or projects.
Does Hangouts Meet App Still Exist?
Of course, it does. It's just that, Google Meet has replaced the Hangouts Meet App in recent times. This new version of the App is available on Android and IOS devices. Its specific niche is for business personnel who have meetings and video conferences from time to time. Apart from this, any other person can use it to reach out to friends.
How to access the app
The App is user-friendly and can adjust to your network speed. If you have a Desktop, you can connect to the App using a web browser. There is no need to install a different Software. Google Meet or Hangouts Meet is also available on Google play store and Apple play store for download on mobile devices.
Google Meet vs Zoom Cloud Meetings
Zoom is the best program for connecting to conferencing equipment such as telecoms and webcams to allow several people to join in from a single place and device. Zoom is more expensive than Google Meet and charges call-in fees. Meet and Zoom are very similar. They both have collaboration tools, including share screen and breakout rooms, and both support call-ins. The big difference is with the overall price and the max number of participants that can join a meeting. Zoom has a max participant number of 500 users while Google Meet is 250.
AI-powered noise cancellation
AI can remove dog barks, taps, and other background noise in your video chats. The feature leverages supervised learning, which entails training an AI model on a labeled data set. This is a gradual rollout, so if you are a G Suite customer, you may get noise cancellation later this year. Noise cancellation will hit the web first, with Android and iOS coming later. The feature may be called “noise cancellation,” but that doesn’t mean it cancels all noise.
Google Meet comes with amazing features to make your virtual meetings and personal chats one to remember. An excellent AI enhancement is available, making calls and videos clear, even when network conditions are not favorable. The security protocol is second to none. Even blind, deaf and dumb users are not left out. See the features below;
- A Screen magnifier which comes with an in-built screen reader and tools like accessibility extensions, contrast colors full-page zoom to help visually-impaired people use the App better.
- Keyboard shortcuts that provide access to other sensitive features on the App, such as camera and microphone.
- Google Meet Hardware and Chromebox to help deaf users express themselves better through a Spoken feedback feature.
- For IOS users, app size is 74MB and 10MB for Android users.
- Beautiful layout to make work easier
What If Someone Hacks my Google Account?
As mentioned earlier, the security protocol at Google Meet is committed to protecting your data through high-level software maintenance. The App goes through constant verification processes to ensure compliance of security standards.
Pros of Google Meet
- All screen activities can be shared
- It is a safe means to broadcast events across 100,000 viewers
- Privacy is guaranteed
- An easy way to handle large meetings
- App is available in English Language only
- It is confusing to mute participants with abusive outbursts
- Absence of Grid-view feature for multiple participants
Download and install Google Meet on your Laptop or Desktop computer
Hurray! Seems an app like google meet is available for Windows! Download below:
|| gPlayer for Google Play Music
Yellow Elephant Productions
|| GNews - Google News Reader
|| Cloud Drive! : OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive and more
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Not satisfied? Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
If you want to install and use the Google Meet app on your PC or Mac, you will need to download and install a Desktop App emulator for your computer. We have worked diligently to help you understand how to use this app for your computer in 4 simple steps below:
Step 1: Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac
Ok. First things first. If you want to use the application on your computer, first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for either the Bluestacks app or the Nox App >> . Most of the tutorials on the web recommends the Bluestacks app and I might be tempted to recommend it too, because you are more likely to easily find solutions online if you have trouble using the Bluestacks application on your computer. You can download the Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
Step 2: Install the emulator on your PC or Mac
Now that you have downloaded the emulator of your choice, go to the Downloads folder on your computer to locate the emulator or Bluestacks application.
Once you have found it, click it to install the application or exe on your PC or Mac computer.
Now click Next to accept the license agreement.
Follow the on screen directives in order to install the application properly.
If you do the above correctly, the Emulator app will be successfully installed.
Step 3: for PC - Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
Now, open the Emulator application you have installed and look for its search bar. Once you found it, type Google Meet in the search bar and press Search. Click on Google Meetapplication icon. A window of Google Meet on the Play Store or the app store will open and it will display the Store in your emulator application. Now, press the Install button and like on an iPhone or Android device, your application will start downloading. Now we are all done.
You will see an icon called "All Apps".
Click on it and it will take you to a page containing all your installed applications.
You should see the icon. Click on it and start using the application.
Step 4: for Mac OS
Hi. Mac user!
The steps to use Google Meet for Mac are exactly like the ones for Windows OS above. All you need to do is install the Nox Application Emulator or Bluestack on your Macintosh. The links are provided in step one
Need help or Can't find what you need? Kindly contact us here →
Google Meet On iTunes
Download on Android
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes
Google Meet Software Features and Description
Securely connect, collaborate, and celebrate from anywhere. With Google Meet, everyone can safely create and join high-quality video meetings for groups of up to 250 people.
• Meet safely - video meetings are encrypted in transit and our array of safety measures are continuously updated for added protection
• Host large meetings - invite up to 250 participants to a meeting, whether they’re in the same team or outside of your organization
• Engage in meetings - engage on meetings without interrupting, through Q&A, Polls, and Hand Raise
• Easy access on any device - share a link and invited guests can join with one click across devices
• Share your screen - present documents, slides, and more during your conference call.
• Follow along - live, real-time captions powered by Google speech-to-text technology
*Not all features available for free users.
Anyone can join a meeting on Meet via an invitation. However, some capabilities are available only to Google Workspace customers.
With Google Workspace, you and your team can:
• Enjoy helpful features like live captions, breakout rooms, and noise cancellation* to make meetings more productive.
• Attend meetings on the go. Meetings organized by Google Workspace users also create a dial-in phone number for each meeting, so every guest can join – without wifi or data.
* Not available in all Workspace plans.
• Camera: Needed to allow others to see you during video meetings
• Microphone: Needed to allow others to hear you during meetings
• Photo library: Needed to allow you to select your account profile picture
• Notifications: Allow you to receive helpful in-call notifications
Top Pcmac Reviews
By Cowguy02 (Pcmac user)
Dear everyone throwing a hissy fit because they don’t want to learn a new app. Deal with it.
Honestly this app is way better then the old hangouts! Seem less integration with google cal and the ability to create a link for next weeks meeting so everyone has it when the time comes is the best!
Google just keep doing what your doing. I’m sure that in 10 years when you make a new change everyone will be mad because the love hangouts meet.
Installs but doesn't work on iPhone 5
By GreatDatingExperience (Pcmac user)
We use Hangouts Meet a lot for team calls. Typically it works great. I recently tried it on iPhone 5 and it installed fine but would not launch. Have latest supported updates (IOS 10.3.3), tried restarting the phone Still does not launch. Not sure what else to do. Wish Google would fix the issue.
Good sound and video; clumsy mute / I mute
By Joebackward1 (Pcmac user)
Almost everything about this App works really well. Joining a scheduled meeting is effortless.
Only one complaint, and it’s a fairly big one. It’s necessary to mute and unmute the mic when participating in a multi-way meeting. But that’s harder than it needs to be because the UI hides the mute button. This wastes time for my colleagues and me: we’re always waiting for somebody to find the unmute button.
Please consider making that button stay put, at least during sessions with lots of participants, or with telephone participants.
Good stuff, thanks.
Paste into dialpad
By DCBK411 (Pcmac user)
Overall happy Hangouts user. Sure would be nice to be able to paste a number into Hangouts dialpad. iPhone X, iOS 13.1.2. Even better if numbers in iPhone screens were hotlinked to use Hangouts as an option.