What is Google Meet?
Human relationships are essential; The Google Meet App is the best App to maintain connections and meet with business partners or employees. Students can use the App to catch up on assignments or projects.
Does Hangouts Meet App Still Exist?
Of course, it does. It's just that, Google Meet has replaced the Hangouts Meet App in recent times. This new version of the App is available on Android and IOS devices. Its specific niche is for business personnel who have meetings and video conferences from time to time. Apart from this, any other person can use it to reach out to friends.
How to access the app
The App is user-friendly and can adjust to your network speed. If you have a Desktop, you can connect to the App using a web browser. There is no need to install a different Software. Google Meet or Hangouts Meet is also available on Google play store and Apple play store for download on mobile devices.
Google Meet vs Zoom Cloud Meetings
Zoom is the best program for connecting to conferencing equipment such as telecoms and webcams to allow several people to join in from a single place and device. Zoom is more expensive than Google Meet and charges call-in fees. Meet and Zoom are very similar. They both have collaboration tools, including share screen and breakout rooms, and both support call-ins. The big difference is with the overall price and the max number of participants that can join a meeting. Zoom has a max participant number of 500 users while Google Meet is 250.
AI-powered noise cancellation
AI can remove dog barks, taps, and other background noise in your video chats. The feature leverages supervised learning, which entails training an AI model on a labeled data set. This is a gradual rollout, so if you are a G Suite customer, you may get noise cancellation later this year. Noise cancellation will hit the web first, with Android and iOS coming later. The feature may be called “noise cancellation,” but that doesn’t mean it cancels all noise.
Google Meet comes with amazing features to make your virtual meetings and personal chats one to remember. An excellent AI enhancement is available, making calls and videos clear, even when network conditions are not favorable. The security protocol is second to none. Even blind, deaf and dumb users are not left out. See the features below;
- A Screen magnifier which comes with an in-built screen reader and tools like accessibility extensions, contrast colors full-page zoom to help visually-impaired people use the App better.
- Keyboard shortcuts that provide access to other sensitive features on the App, such as camera and microphone.
- Google Meet Hardware and Chromebox to help deaf users express themselves better through a Spoken feedback feature.
- For IOS users, app size is 74MB and 10MB for Android users.
- Beautiful layout to make work easier
What If Someone Hacks my Google Account?
As mentioned earlier, the security protocol at Google Meet is committed to protecting your data through high-level software maintenance. The App goes through constant verification processes to ensure compliance of security standards.
Pros of Google Meet
- All screen activities can be shared
- It is a safe means to broadcast events across 100,000 viewers
- Privacy is guaranteed
- An easy way to handle large meetings
- App is available in English Language only
- It is confusing to mute participants with abusive outbursts
- Absence of Grid-view feature for multiple participants
Hurray! Seems an app like google meet original is available for Windows! Download below:
gPlayer for Google Play Music
Yellow Elephant Productions
GNews - Google News Reader
Cloud Drive! : OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive and more
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Not satisfied? Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the Google Meet (original) app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using Google Meet (original) on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using Google Meet (original) on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "Google Meet (original)"
- The search will reveal the Google Meet (original) app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once Google Meet (original) is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including Google Meet (original).
- Now enjoy Google Meet (original) on PC.
Install Google Meet (original) on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Get a Compatible APK for PC
| Check for APK →
To use Google Meet (original) mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native Google Meet (original) Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen, AMD Ryzen 3000 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install Google Meet (original) on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "Google Meet (original)" in search bar. On the results page, open and install Google Meet (original).
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » Google Meet (original). OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
Google Meet (original) On iTunes
|Free On iTunes
Download on Android: Download Android