Here are some catchy Gong statistics you need to know.
- Gong is one of the fastest-growing apps in 2022 with year-over-year growth of 101%.
- Gong was founded in 2015 by Amit Bendov and Eilon Reshef.
- Gong has over 2,000 users worldwide.
- Since 2019, Gong has had an average user growth rate of about 100%
- G2 ranks Gong as the #1 best software product for 2022, among other accolades.
- More than half of Gong’s users are in the United States.
- Gong generates annual revenue estimated to be about $208 million and has a valuation of $7.3 billion.
These statistics and more show that companies that utilize Gong have enhanced their productivity to a great scale.
Before we dive right into other juicy Gong user statistics, let’s educate you on what the Gong app is all about.
Gong is an online platform that offers revenue (and other metrics) intelligence capacities. This intelligence deals with analysis and inspection of customers’ interactions and reviews, customers’ preferences, and rise and fall in the generation of revenue, among other metrics.
Why is collecting intelligence on these metrics important? To help organizations close more deals, forecast the viability of products better, strategize properly, and such. In the long run, it will save time, it will save additional costs, and increase the total revenue generated. Additionally, customers will be more satisfied, and the efficiency and productivity of the organization increases.
All these services and more are offered by Gong making it a software much coveted by organizations and unlike most tools used by organizations, it gives room for collaboration so that teams of personnel can work together remotely.
When Was Gong Founded?
Gong was founded in 2015 by Amit Bendov and Eilon Reshef. Gong has its headquarters in Palo Alto, California, United States.
At the time of the founding, Amit and Eilon were entrepreneurs already. They wanted to create a tool that will assist companies to increase their productivity by monitoring sales.
This involved development of artificial intelligence to screen tons of data from sales calls, customer reviews, product outcomes, customer preferences patterns, and other metrics.
With a seed funding of $6 million, they set out to develop this unconventional piece of tech. The Gong.io mobile app was launched in 2017.
Gong User Statistics
As at August 2021, Gong had over 2,000 customers subscribing to its services.
Notable companies that use Gong include:
- Benevity Incorporated
- Service Titan
- Zillow, and many others.
Gong.io had an average monthly visit of over 1.2 million from March to May 2022.
User Growth Rate
Ever since it was launched in 2015, the size of Gong’s user base has had a steady increase. Let’s look at the following stats.
- By 2019, Gong had about 500 paying customers. This was just four years after founding with the third funding round taking place.
- By 2020, Gong had about 1000 paying customers. This was a 100% increase over the previous year.
- By 2021, Gong had over 2,000 customers. This was over a 100% year-over-year increase.
Gong’s user base continues to grow with increased awareness and with many companies incorporating it.
Gong has a 4.2 out of 5-star rating on the Apple app store after 51 reviews. Saasworthy gives it a 4.5 out of 5-star rating after 4,300 reviews.
G2 gives Gong a 4.7 out of 5-star rating after 4.362 reviews. G2 also ranks Gong as the #1 best software product for 2022. Other awards Gong received from G2:
- Best Small Business Products 2022(Top 50)
- Most Implementable Small Business Product (Summer 2022)
- Best Software Product 2022(Top 100)
- Best Enterprise Product 2022(Top 50)
- Best Mid-Market Product 2022(Top 50)
- Highest Satisfaction Product(Top 100)
- Fastest-Growing Product 2022(Top 100)
- Best Sales Product 2022(Top 50)
Also remarkable is the fact that Forbes ranks Gong as the #9 America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022.
Analysis of Gong statistics provides us with the following:
Traffic Sources by Country:
Percentage contribution to Gong’s audience by country in descending order:
- United States: 52.80%
- United Kingdom: 8.91%
- Canada: 7.73%
- Israel: 3.62%
- Germany: 2.59%
- Other countries: 24.35%
Similarweb shows that out of the total visits to Gong.io, males constitute 60.54% and females constitute 39.46%. This analysis was based on visits from desktops.
Percentage contribution to Gong’s audience by age group:
- Ages 18-24: 16.45%
- Ages 25-34: 33.86%
- Ages 35-44: 23.33%
- Ages 45-54: 14.32%
- Ages 55-64: 7.81%
- Ages 65+: 4.23%
The analysis is based on traffic from desktops.
Traffic Sources by Device:
From December 2021 to May 2022, about 90% of visits to Gong were through desktops. About 10% were through mobile devices.
- Gong generates annual revenue estimated to be about $208 million.
- Gong accrued total funding of $583 million after seven funding rounds.
- Notable investors include Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Norwest Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Shlomo Kramer, Cisco, and many others.
- Gong has a valuation of $7.3 billion.
- Gong has made two acquisitions. ONDiGO was acquired in 2018 and Vayo was acquired in 2020.
Meet the executives that run Gong:
- Amit Bendov. CEO/ Co-founder
- Eilon Reshef. Chief Product Officer/ Co-founder
- Sandi Kochhar. Chief People Officer
- Eran Aloni. Chief Customer Officer
- Kelly Wright. Chief Operations Officer
- Udi Ledergor. Chief Marketing Officer
- Ryan Longfield. Chief Revenue Officer
- Tim Riitters. Chief Financial Officer
- Jack Leidecker. Chief Information Security
What Makes Gong Remarkable
- It works with different forms of data: Texts, figures, images, and videos can all be fed into Gong’s AI.
- It records everything: text messages, phone conversations, video conferences, and even online reviews.
- Best analysis: Gong examines and analyzes all the data so organizations can see where they’ve been getting it right or faltering.
- Best forecasts: Based on the analysis, the organizations’ experts can make excellent forecasts on what customers will want or will expect or how a product will satisfy customers.
- It helps to coach sales representatives: With backing from Gong, sales reps are groomed to be better at their jobs.
Gong is the #1 software for conversation intelligence right now. Its user base continues to expand as companies continue to incorporate it.
It enhances productivity and is one of the fastest-growing apps in 2022.