Introducing DStv Now for PC
A few years back, you might've considered the idea of having your cable TV right inside your pocket, with you everywhere you go both laughable and most probably unbelievable.
Well, now it's real. You don't have to wonder when you can simply just go to your appstore and download the DStv Now App.
DStv Now App is a service app by Multichoice, the parent company of DStv. DStv Now app enables you to watch your favorite programs, TV shows, Football matches all from your smartphone or tablet.
However, for one to be able to stream their favorite TV shows and others however, they have to be subscribed already to the service.
They must already have a decoder at home which is actively subscribed for. The plans with which a customer can stream TV shows on the app must be DStv Premium, Compact or Compact Plus.
I used it to watch the show.. Big Brother Nigeria while at school and I sure can tell you a few things..
As a DStv customer with an active subscription, you can enjoy all of these features on the DStv Now mobile app.
1. You can watch it as it’s being broadcasted, tune in and start live streaming selected TV channels via 3G/4G or WIFI.
2. Missed it live? You can catch up later by watching a selection of the most popular shows, sport highlights, and movies on Catch Up.
3. If you don’t want to use mobile data to watch shows, you have the option to download up to 25 videos on Catch Up while on WIFI to enjoy offline later across 4 devices. This is a personal fave as I'm not the biggest fan of streaming.
4. You can setup up to 6 different profiles to personalise each family member's viewing experience if they desire to
experience based on the sport, shows and movies you like to watch.
5. You can plan your viewing in advance, add Catch Up items to your watchlist to come back to later or access the full 8-day TV Guide and set reminders to arrange your viewing.
6. If you have children and would like to entertain them, the Kids section is a safe and fun viewing environment with PIN controlled access so your kids can enjoy the coolest shows and movies unattended.
7. The app features both local and foreign TV series, shows and soaps and allows you to catch up on your favourite programmes if you missed them or you want to watch them after they must have aired on TV.
Use and Importance of Dstv Now App
If you've been following me so far, you'd definitely agree with me that DStv Now app is a steal for every or anyone who wants to stay connected to their cable TV.
You can use the app hands-on. Plus you don't have to wait to be at home or in a house with DStv cable before you can watch your favorite shows. Furthermore, it makes your viewing experience memorable.
Also, remember you have accessibility in up to four different devices. What this means is that wherever you are, you can watch your cable TV, so far as you have internet connection on any of your four devices.
• You can stream and download shows on the go. For instance, you can watch live TV shows on the go.
• You can filter shows based on several criteria under DStv Catch Up.
• Downloads are resumable when the internet fluctuates.
- The app isn't data friendly for areas without unlimited data or huge monthly data caps.
- Only one option of download video quality exists.
- You can only adjust your stream quality and not your download quality.
- Downloaded shows only last for about two days before they're removed
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Check compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
||Get App or Alternatives
|Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the DStv app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using DStv on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using DStv on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "DStv"
- The search will reveal the DStv app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once DStv is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including DStv.
- Now enjoy DStv on PC.
Install DStv on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Need help? contact us here →
To use DStv mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native DStv Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum), AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install DStv on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "DStv" in search bar. On the results page, open and install DStv.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » DStv. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
DStv On iTunes
Download on Android
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes
||Multichoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd