Introduction to Procreate for PC
Gone are the days when you would've to go the grocery store to get manual instruments for drawing. Now you can do your drawing easily by downloading the app Procreate on your iPhone.
The idea of using the program may seem quite intimidating. For an artiste who has never had to use an app like this one, it may seem tasking but not at all. It is actually quite easy but you have to get the wing of it first.
And then, you can paint, sketch, draw on the go.
Yes. That easy.
What is Procreate?
Procreate is a sketching, drawing and painting app with which is used by creatives for creating art on their work pads.
Procreate was created and launched in the Apple Appstore by developers Savage Interactive at the intial date of March 16, 2011. However their most stable release happened 44 days ago, on the 20th of December, 2019.
It was created in a remote location which might be the reason the designers were able to come up with the brilliant ideas about how the app works.
Now, an artist doesn't need to carry their bulky laptop around. Their workspace literally follows them around, in the form of their iPads and Apple Pencil.
The aim for creating this app was to remake the idea of drawing physically (like with hand), but on a digital space. This app gives off that "drawing on paper" feel because of its responsiveness especially when using the Apple Pencil.
This app caters to needs of artistes, ranging from beginners to professionals. It is flexible, easily inspires new drawings with all the vibrant colors inputted and most of all, portable.
Features of Procreate
Procreate has a couple of features that makes it stand out among other programs but the most notable include:
1. It has 136 brushes with over 50 customization options.
2. It supports layers and clipping masks.
3. It has some powerful features for finishing and rendering such as perspective and gaussian blur, color balance etc.
4. It has perspective guides and Drawing Help that makes drawing much easier.
5. You can export your drawings to different file formats and share your drawing process by streaming with the app.
Uses and Importance
Procreate can be used to do a whole lot of things. Below are a few:
- Makes it easy for an artist to organize their artwork in a photo album format. This already exists with Photoshop users.
- One can import files from other devices and locations.
- Use hand gestures to zoom in and out of the painting and also undo changes to the work done.
- Easily perform professional-level composting and adjustment of layers for artists that aren't just beginners. There's something for everyone.
- Even more importantly for professionals, Procreate offers easy navigation and integration while working on a painting. They can shuffle between other apps as they work.
The functionality and features of Procreate separates it from the other apps which are similar to it. The uses of Procreate are better explained than listed. For example,
A creative used Procreate to reimagine a pet project by creating vintage style baseball cards to record every win by his favorite baseball team.
- Has 136 brushes
- Smooth workflow and lots of customization options
- Good effects for finishing
- 250 undos and redos
- One time lapse recording.
- No color adjustment for a whole document
- Invisible tricks for ease of usage
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the Procreate app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using Procreate on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using Procreate on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "Procreate"
- The search will reveal the Procreate app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once Procreate is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including Procreate.
- Now enjoy Procreate on PC.
Install Procreate on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Get a Compatible APK for PC
| Check for APK →
||Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
To use Procreate mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native Procreate Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen, AMD Ryzen 3000 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install Procreate on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "Procreate" in search bar. On the results page, open and install Procreate.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » Procreate. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
Procreate On iTunes
|$9.99 On iTunes
||Savage Interactive Pty Ltd