✔ What's Cool
1. SkyView® Lite is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night.
2. • Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
3. You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open SkyView® Lite and let it guide you to their location and identify them.
4. Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate the Moon, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
Download and install SkyView® Lite on your computer
Hurray! Seems an app like skyview is available for Windows! Download below:
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Not satisfied? Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the SkyView® Lite app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using SkyView on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using SkyView on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "SkyView"
- The search will reveal the SkyView® Lite app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once SkyView is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including SkyView.
- Now enjoy SkyView on PC.
Install SkyView® Lite on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Need help? contact us here →
How to download and install SkyView on Windows 11
To use SkyView mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native SkyView Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum), AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install SkyView on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "SkyView" in search bar. On the results page, open and install SkyView® Lite.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » SkyView. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
SkyView® Lite On iTunes
Download on Android
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes
||Terminal Eleven LLC
Software Features and Description
this app® Lite brings stargazing to everyone! Simply point your iPhone, iPad, or iPod at the sky to identify stars, constellations, satellites, and more!
Downloaded over 40 million times.
If you like our lite version of this app then you'll love our full version! It includes: a convenient Apple Watch app, a Today Widget displaying tonight's brightest objects, ALL in-app purchases offered in this version, thousands more objects to discover, and more!
App Store Best of 2012
App Store Rewind 2011 -- Best Education App
“If you've ever wanted to know what you're looking at in the night sky, SkyView is the perfect stargazer's companion.”
"If you’ve ever been looking for a stargazing app for your iPhone, then this [is] definitely the one to get."
“this app is an Augmented Reality app that lets you see just what delights the sky has to offer.”
– 148Apps Editor’s Choice
You don't need to be an astronomer to find stars or constellations in the sky, just open this app® Lite and let it guide you to their location and identify them. this app® Lite is a beautiful and intuitive stargazing app that uses your camera to precisely spot and identify celestial objects in sky, day or night. Find your favorite constellations as they fade in and out while you scan across the sky, locate the Moon, discover distant galaxies, and witness satellite fly-bys.
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Sightings: set reminders for celestial events and plan an evening stargazing & spotting satellites.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the daily sky tracks for the Sun and Moon to see their exact locations in the sky on any date & time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
Top Pcmac Reviews
Explore your surroundings!
By Ali.P.S. (Pcmac user)
I love being able to open this app whenever I see a star or constellation that I want to know more about or become familiar with. I’ve used this app on and off for a few years now but in the last few months with so much more dark time in the northern hemisphere, I have used it almost daily. I like to quiz myself and the app helps me grade my responses. I also use it to teach my two year old about the wonders in the night sky. We love it! Her favorite star: Vega. My favorite star(s): The winter triangle; Sirius, Betelgeuse, and Procyon. I love the option to display or hide constellation lines or artwork, and love that I can either show or hide the actual surroundings that my camera can see.
This app is great, I highly recommend it. There’s almost nothing I would change about it except maybe if there was a way to add a link in the facts area of a selected object to either the Wikipedia page or some other information source for further knowledge exploration.
Best Solar System Guide Ever!
By tigger0401 (Pcmac user)
Hello. I’d like to share with you a story that just proves this app is the best solar system guide ever.
It was a really late night during the summer of 2018. My sister, my mom, my dad and I were catching fire flies. I thought I saw the North Star, but this app Lite showed it was Venus in front of my house! Then next to it, I saw Jupiter, the moon, and Mars! And the app is completely free!
This app never shows adds. With most solar system apps, it shows you what you are pointing the camera at (like if you pointed your camera at your patio, you would see your patio), or apps might show you a fake sky (like if it was in the middle of the day, it would show the sunset), but this app has a setting that you can see the pitch black starry sky in space! This app does not need WiFi, and you can use it all day, every day! Any time, any place, as long as you have your device.
I hope this was a helpful review.
By Brickolsand (Pcmac user)
I love this app. I really have found it useful in many different time during the beginning of my curiosity into astronomy began. For example, this app has allowed me to locate Saturn and view the planet with the rings right through my backyard telescope On multiple occasions. This app allows for an immersive and breathtaking experience, on an encounter with the stars. However, I do believe the app is lacking a fundamental component that, in 2017, it should already have. I believe this app should have virtual reality integrated into its game face. In order to allow users to obtain a more integrated, breathtaking, and interactive view with the stars. It sometimes seems as well, that be in large constellations often block the view of any stars, I suggest setting that can rid of the constellation tracing. Finally, do you speak on any specifics. I would suggest an option to change the music tomorrow relaxing and euphoric socks. Other than that the app is wonderful and has been used by myself another friends for months.
Great performance for free app
By Scatmandylan (Pcmac user)
this app Lite is stellar. It provides an augmented reality that shows planets of our solar system, the famous constellations (Orion, Ursa Minor and Major, Virgo, Libra, etc.), the Hubble telescope, the ISS, and many other stars. The stars and planets each have a charted course in reference to the Earth’s rotation and time. When a star or planet or object is tapped, it provides general information about the tapped object and can be expanded upon with an upward swipe, with a detailed picture and detailed information. Although these pictures aren’t 3D renderings that you can turn and observe, as is the case with many other apps. Aside from that, only the main solar system’s planets are shown, as well as only “important” stars. This is okay, however, because if all the stars were to be shown, then the screen would show nothing but. This app is certainly a great performing app, especially for one that is free.