Introduction to CamScanner. A PDF Scanner App
Camscanner was first released in 2011 as a mobile app for scanning images. It allows users to scan documents using the camera of the device. It shares the image of scanned documents as either JPEG or PDF file. The app also documents your captured images as PDF files, improving the quality and readability of your document and allowing you to access, edit, and print it out as viable hard copies.
CamScanner is available for free download on the Play Store and App Store. It can also be used on PCs. The app is freemium based, as it runs free of charge for users that sign up with its ad-supported free version and operates with charges for users that sign up with the premium version, which has additional features.
Features of Camscanner
Having known what CamScanner is about, next is appreciating, it's amazing features that have provided solutions to document management. Imagine never having to worry about any document's physical location because you've had all your documents captured and stored in CamScanner, giving you access to your documents anywhere you go.
Amazing, right? Now, these are the features responsible for that and more;
- A unique system that scans any documents in real life just by taking a picture.
- Sync documents across smartphones.
- The app comes with an auto smart optical character recognition technology that searches through scanned files in seconds for easy access.
- Provides 200M free cloud space for storage.
- It supports wireless printing of files with Google cloud print.
- Posses several enhance modes for enhancing scanned documents.
- Has the ability to customize watermarks on document allowing collaborators to comments on documents.
Recently added features
Recent advancements were made in the app in 2020 in which more features were added, they include;
- Ability to convert images to the spreadsheet at the user's will.
- A PowerPoint presentation(PPT) shooting mode that allows scanning PPT with utmost clarity.
- Users can now scan a book by easy clicks, and enjoy an E-book reading experience.
- Search and Translate. A feature that allows you to search texts of scanned documents and translate it to any language.
From the features above, we can see that CamScanner has provided automated solutions to documentation for individuals, firms, businesses, students, and schools. Let's now look at specific benefits of the app to document management;
Why you will love Camscanner
- With the app, individuals can transfer physical documents as files to each other through E-mail.
- Firms can easily organize and access documents, as it lists out related documents, once a user types a phrase in the search box.
- It Promotes E-learning. Students can scan assignments, correct errors, and modify the content with the app while teachers can make corrections.
- Documents stored in the app is safe and can be accessed with another device.
- Large memory space for storage.
- Easy to operate and use.
- Documents can be translated into various languages.
- The app ensures sharp color for colored documents.
- It erases shadow from pictures.
- It has auto-crop and quality enhancement of documents.
- The app has a free version.
- Limitations in final quality for users using smartphones that have very poor camera quality.
- Ads pop up on the free version.
- It has a "CamScanner" tag on scanned documents.
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Check for compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the CamScanner - PDF Scanner App app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using CamScanner on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using CamScanner on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "CamScanner"
- The search will reveal the CamScanner - PDF Scanner App app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once CamScanner is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including CamScanner.
- Now enjoy CamScanner on PC.
Install CamScanner - PDF Scanner App on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Get a Compatible APK for PC
| Check for APK →
||INTSIG Information Co.,Ltd
To use CamScanner mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native CamScanner Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen, AMD Ryzen 3000 or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install CamScanner on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "CamScanner" in search bar. On the results page, open and install CamScanner - PDF Scanner App.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » CamScanner. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
CamScanner - PDF Scanner App On iTunes
|Free On iTunes
||INTSIG Information Co.,Ltd
Download on Android: Download Android