Introduction to CamHi app: Setting up CamHi
If you have mounted cameras in your home, at your work place just to keep an eye on your property, you might want to check out the CamHi app (pronounced as Cam, Hi). This app helps you watch videos of your network cameras in real time.
If you have been looking for an application that can enable you get on the go reports of what is going on when you're not immediately at home or at work, through your cameras, you might want to try this out. You get to stream the video being recorded by your camera on your smartphone. CamHi is designed simply and smartly so anyone trying to use it for the first time won't have a problem using it.
Connect cameras with CamHi
You're probably wondering why CamHi is important. Why do you think you should give this app a trial? Well asides the most obvious reason, you have the option of adding your cameras to the app. What this means is you can actually add the cameras you wish most to view and remove the less important ones.
There are three ways made available by CamHi app to add a camera to the app. The first option is to Scan the QR Code. It's quite simple. You can add a camera this way by scanning the network camera's QR code.
The second option is to search Camera from LAN. You just need to tap on the button available and the app automatically searches, finds and adds the network camera. Last but not least, the third option is plain wireless installation.
Another reason you'll probably love using the app is that it provides live, on the go viewing of the network cameras.
Setting up the app:
Steadily hold your device until the CamHi app can read the code on camera body. Let the QR code fit inside the box in the middle of your device's screen. Goto the “Add device” page, name your camera and fill out your camera's 'UID' and 'password'. Wait for the app to load the camera and display the live video.
Features of CamHi
- Uncluttered and intuitive UI.
- Options for taking screenshots of the live videos.
- There are a couple of options to add cameras to the application.
- Options for recording short clips of the live video.
- PTZ control options.
- Last but not the least, you have the choice of resetting/selecting your time zone.
Pros of CamHi:
- It's easy to set up and use. Works especially great with outdoor cameras.
- This app is useful for IPcam monitor.
- Great picture and video quality!
- Motion detection is a tad too sensitive thereby giving off false alarms sometimes.
- The PTZ controls aren't as precise as one might expect.
- It has connection problems as it disconnects easily sometimes.
Or follow the guide below to use on PC:
Check compatible PC Apps or Alternatives
Select Windows version:
- Windows 7-10
- Windows 11
Learn how to install and use the CamHi app on your PC or Mac in 4 simple steps below:
- Download an Android emulator for PC and Mac:
Get either Bluestacks or the Nox App >> . We recommend Bluestacks because you can easily find solutions online if you run into problems while using it. Download Bluestacks Pc or Mac software Here >> .
- Install the emulator on your PC or Mac:
On your computer, goto the Downloads folder » click to install Bluestacks.exe or Nox.exe » Accept the License Agreements » Follow the on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- Using CamHi on PC [Windows 7/ 8/8.1/ 10/ 11]:
Using CamHi on Mac OS:
- Open the Emulator app you installed » goto its search bar and search "CamHi"
- The search will reveal the CamHi app icon. Open, then click "Install".
- Once CamHi is downloaded inside the emulator, locate/click the "All apps" icon to access a page containing all your installed applications including CamHi.
- Now enjoy CamHi on PC.
Install CamHi on your Mac using the same steps for Windows OS above.
Need help? contact us here →
To use CamHi mobile app on Windows 11, install the Amazon Appstore. This enables you browse and install android apps from a curated catalog. Here's how:
- Check device compatibility
Check if there's a native CamHi Windows app ». If none, proceed to next step.
Install the Amazon-Appstore ».
- RAM: 8GB (minimum), 16GB (recommended)
- Storage: SSD
- Processor: Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum), AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum) or Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum)
- Processor architecture: x64 or ARM64
Install CamHi on Windows 11:
- Click on "Get" to begin installation. It also automatically installs Windows Subsystem for Android.
- After installation, Goto Windows Start Menu or Apps list » Open the Amazon Appstore » Login (with Amazon account)
- After login, search "CamHi" in search bar. On the results page, open and install CamHi.
- After installing, Goto Start menu » Recommended section » CamHi. OR Goto Start menu » "All apps".
CamHi On iTunes
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Have a nice day!
|Free On iTunes